We Believe . . .
The Bible to be the inerrant, fully inspired Word of God, the final authority for all faith and life.
- Translation: You can trust the Bible to be God's Word - all of it - and His Words are final!
God is the Creator of all things, and is holy, infinite, loving, just. He exists in three coequal and coeternal persons: The Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Translation: God made all there is (including you!), He never sins, He always loves you unconditionally, and always does the right thing.
Man is created in the image of God, but his willful sin resulted in physical and spiritual death and the necessity of a new birth for salvation.
- Translation: You are specially created by God, but aren't perfect, which means you are going to die and go to Hell unless you are changed completely! (See next paragraph for the good news!)
Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man. He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, died on the cross as a sacrifice sufficient for our sins, rose bodily from the dead and lives in heaven as our Mediator and Intercessor until His imminent and bodily return at the end of this age.
- Translation: Jesus, the only perfect human (also God), paid the supreme penalty for our imperfection, so we can be changed (See Salvation). He is now alive in Heaven praying for you, and will come back to get you someday.
The Holy Spirit ministers to individuals by convicting of sin, regenerating the sinner who believes. He indwells, guides, instructs and empowers the believer for Godly living.
- Translation: This is a real person (not "The Force"), and He's the One who makes us feel guilty for our sins, but also gives us a new life if we ask Him to. Then, He will help us live God's ways in this life.
Heaven and Hell are real places, prepared by God Himself. One for all believers to enjoy God forever; the other for eternal separation from God.
- Translation: These are not “states of mind” – they are real. Heaven is a place of reward for those who trust in Jesus; and Hell is a place of torment for those who reject (see next line).
Salvation is by God’s grace alone, provided by the shed blood and resurrection of Jesus Christ, and applied to all who receives this gift through personal faith in Christ.
- Translation: You can't do anything to get to Heaven, except believe that Jesus died for YOU. It's absolutely FREE, but it is a decision you need to make before you die, because then it will be too late!!